At a public information session today, University officials said there was no new information concerning the death of Wharton junior and football team co-captain Owen Thomas on Monday afternoon.

Director of Special Services Pat Brennan said the University has “no more answers than we had yesterday.”

Thomas’ body was found at his off-campus residence at 39th Street and Baltimore Avenue around 2 p.m. Cause of death has not yet been determined, but “no foul play is suspected,” according to University spokeswoman Lori Doyle.

Brennan said Thomas’ body had been moved from the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania to the medical examiner’s office for an autopsy to be performed today. Results will not be available for six to eight weeks, at which time they will be given to Thomas’ family. The family will then choose whether or not to release details of the autopsy.

Thomas, 21, played defensive end for the Quakers and was recently voted a captain of the football team.

The information session, held at noon in the Hall of Flags, offered students and friends of Thomas assistance in using the University’s resources, as they cope with his death and finals week.

Counseling and Psychological Services Director Bill Alexander, who met with the football team Monday, told students at the session that “this is the time we need to be aware of community.”

“This is way bigger than any of us can imagine,” he said. “Only as a community can we endure these things.”

Director of Student Intervention Services Sharon Smith said all schools had been informed of Thomas’ death. Students who are unsure of how to notify professors should contact CAPS, which will assist them in dealing with their schoolwork.

"While no guarantee is made about missed academic responsibilities, advising can be a very useful alternative to contacting each faculty member individually," Alexander wrote in an e-mail

Students at the session were asked to put their names and contact information on a list that will be sent to appropriate faculty and administrators in their respective schools.

University Chaplain Chaz Howard said the Chaplain’s Office would be working with students to organize a memorial service on campus, pending permission from Thomas’ family.

The family arrived in Philadelphia Monday night but has not yet confirmed any details regarding Thomas’ funeral.

Howard said Thomas’ father, who is a minister, asked him to tell students at the session “how much Owen loved Penn, loved you guys.” Thomas’ father also wanted to “ask you all to take care of each other,” Howard said.

“What an amazing guy,” Howard said, adding that Thomas was a “fun-loving guy, an amazing friend. … We honor him today.”

Any person wishing to contribute comments or additional information should e-mail Daily Pennsylvanian Managing Editor Samantha Sharf at sharf@dailypennsylvanian.com.