11042009_street_tria0004
Tria is one of two wine and cheese bars under the same name, located on the corner of 18th and Sansom.

Penn’s wine, cheese and beer aficionados will soon have a new place to mingle in University City.

Jon Myerow, owner of “bar-cafe-restaurant” Tria, will open a third location near campus this summer. The restaurant will specialize in serving first-rate wine, cheeses and beers, and will replace Intermezzo Cafe at 3131 Walnut St., according to Myerow.

The forthcoming cafe will join Myerow’s two other locations in Philadelphia, both called Tria — one at 18th and Sansom streets and the other at 12th and Spruce streets.

Myerow said many customers from University City come to the downtown locations. “We’ve always wanted to have a presence in the neighborhood,” Myerow said of University City.

The new location on Walnut Street will be a “streamline version” of the other two Tria locations, meaning it will feature a smaller menu, less expensive wine and a more rustic interior design, he said.

All wine, cheese and beer options will change daily.

Most wines and beers will be priced in the single digits per glass. The cheeses will be priced in the single digits depending on the ounces ordered. Most cheese portions are “about 1.7 ounces and come with five pieces of bread,” according to a Tria employee.

Myerow said the restaurant will card heavily, but for the under-21 crowd, offer non-alcoholic beverages.

“We really put a lot of energy into choosing products and serving them properly,” he added.