The Penn women’s gymnastics team entered the Ivy Classic yesterday ready to repeat the first-place finish it last achieved in 2007.

Though the meet remained close throughout its duration, ultimately the Quakers were forced to settle for the bronze for the third year in a row.

Penn fell short of second place by a mere one-tenth of a point.

At the end of the day, Cornell sat atop the scoreboard, winning its third straight Ivy Classic with a score of 192.550.

Regardless of the outcome, the team is showing overall improvement. After setting a season-high score last week, the Red and Blue set a new one yesterday with a score of 189.550.

Freshman Dana Bonincontri, who has been limited by injuries sustained early in the season, tied for first overall on the uneven bars with a score of 9.675. She also tied for third on the balance beam with a score of 9.700.

Kristen Strausbaugh also had a strong performance, placing third in the all-around results with a score of 37.600.

As the team looks towards the Eastern College Athletic Conference championships slated for March 27, coach John Ceralde said he will continue to incorporate the newly recovered players into the line-up and work towards bringing the team its first first-place finish of the season.