Men’s tennis coach Nik DeVore and the Quakers are back from California and ready to take care of business.

After a challenging four game West Coast road swing, during which the Quakers (9-2) finished 2-2, they are back at home and will take on a middle of the pack George Washington (2-6) squad this afternoon.

“They’re not really doing what they’re really capable of,” DeVore said of the struggling Colonials. “But they might feel like they don’t have a whole lot to lose and might be fired up.”

GW, who the Quakers have not played in the last seven years, has had a rough season thus far, losing five consecutive matches — two to Ivy League opponents — before pulling off a close win against Charlotte in its most recent match.

“Sometimes when you’re the underdog you play more relaxed, and good things can happen,” DeVore said. “We have to really guard against that. Send a message to them that we’re a really strong team and that they’re really going to have to earn it if they want it.”

Penn currently holds the best record among Ivy teams and with three matches remaining until the conference schedule gets underway, a win today could be a crucial step towards Ivy League victory.

“What’s really important is that we really compete well against this competition going into Ivy League play and build up some confidence,” DeVore said.