The Radian will soon add banking and test prepping to its catalog of retail stores on campus with the addition of Bank of America and Kaplan Test Prep.

Kaplan will open its newest branch on the bottom floor of the Radian on Oct. 19, and Bank of America will open a branch in the building during the first quarter of 2010.

Kaplan, which is currently located at 220 S. 40th St., is relocating to its new location under the Radian because it is a much larger space.

According to Kaplan spokeswoman Carina Wong, the new space will have two more classrooms, a study lounge, projectors and a smartboard.

“Not only will students have more space to study, but we’ll be able to offer more classes,” Wong wrote in an e-mail.

The center will also expand its hours with the move.

Kaplan, which offers classroom and private tutoring for graduate school admissions exams, will offer the same course material at the new location.

Next door to Kaplan’s new premises, Bank of America is gearing up to move in.

According to Bank of America spokesman T.J. Crawford, the corporation has had a “long-standing goal to establish a Bank of America branch to serve University City and West Philadelphia.”

The new branch will offer a full range of consumer banking services.

Crawford added that Penn’s redevelopment on the west end of campus has done a lot to revitalize the area, adding to Bank of America’s decision to come to Penn.

According to Facilities and Real Estate Services Executive Director Ed Datz, both businesses fit in well with Penn’s strategy to bring both local and national businesses to campus and to the greater community.