Police have arrested one male for allegedly attacking a 53-year-old maintenance mechanic during the May 30 flash mob around South Street.

Stephen Lyde, 21, allegedly knocked the victim off his bike, rendering him unconscious with "internal injuries and skull, rib and facial fractures," Capt. Laurence Nodiff told the Philadelphia Daily News.

The victim, who spent a few days on life support, is now in stable condition in the hospital.

The Daily News reported that Lyde was charged with aggravated assault, robbery and related offenses.

The suspect was also charged with aggravated assault and robbery in 2005, although those charges were dismissed.

The May 30 mob, which consisted mostly of teenagers aged 12 to 17 and was organized over cell phones and online social networks, also caused other less severe injuries.

According to The Daily News, "a city employee and a taxi driver incurred minor injuries when they were pulled out of their cars and assaulted."

Teenagers also looted a Sunoco convenience store located at Broad and Catherine Streets, and a woman was robbed and her purse was stolen.

Police have stated a possible connection between the teenagers involved in the May flash mob and recent crowds around 40th and Walnut streets.