Penn will enroll 63 percent of students who were accepted to the class of 2013, according to Dean of Admissions Eric Furda.

Although the University's yield - the number of students who accept an offer of admission - is the same as last year, that figure has dropped from 66 percent in 2007.

Penn enrolled 19 more students than expected, according to an article in The Philadelphia Inquirer.

"I am pleased, but never complacent, about our yield," Furda wrote in an e-mail. "Enrolling the strongest and most diverse class in Penn's history is testimony to the institution's commitment to both eminence and access."

The average SAT score of the incoming class was 2175, a 15-point increase over the class of 2012.

The class of 2013 is also 44 percent "multicultural" - up from 40 percent last year - and 13 percent international, the same as last year.

Fifty-one percent of the incoming class is female, and the students hail from 71 different countries and 49 states - all but Alaska.

Penn accepted 64 students through QuestBridge, an admissions program that links low-income students with grants at top colleges, this year.

Furda said he expects to accept some students off of the waitlist, which will slightly alter the 63-percent yield.

In the coming weeks, he said Penn will likely accept "somewhere in the range of 50 to 70 (very happy) students."

Other Ivy League institutions also saw little or no change in their preliminary yield.

Harvard University's yield remained steady at 76 percent, which dean of admissions William Fitzsimmons attributed to the financial aid program, according to The Harvard Crimson.

At Yale University, the yield was also about the same as last year's - 68 percent - and the class of 2013 is actually overenrolled by 27 students, according The Yale Daily News.

Dartmouth College's yield decreased by two percent - from approximately 51 to 49 percent - according to The Dartmouth.

All of the Ivy League schools except Yale have expressed plans to admit students from their waitlists.